Monday, July 14, 2008

It's a Blue World



It's just come to our attention that the creator of one of our most favoritest books ever written is celebrating a milestone today. Joe Keenan, author of Blue Heaven, turns the Big Five-Oh, and we wish him nothing but fabulosity.

If you have not read Blue Heaven yet, close your browser and go to your local book emporium immediately. Buy Blue Heaven. Read it all in one sitting, preferably with either ice cream or a cocktail close at hand. (Or both.)

Oh, and don't bother with the sequels, Putting on the Ritz or My Lucky Star. Sorry, Joe. But Happy Birthday anyway!

7 comments:

  1. Honey, I love My Blue Heaven and had never run into anyone else who'd read it. BFF! Did you know Keenan was a writer for the show Frasier and wound up as its producer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, and he also wound up on "Desperate Housewives" recently.

    I really expected more of him, based on the brilliance of BH. (I barely got through "Ritz" and I HATED "Lucky Star.") I'm surprised he didn't write a musical comedy for the stage, a la his doppelganger, Phil Cavanaugh.

    Since we're now BFF, would you mind throwing some of your excess dick my way? Thanks ever so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could I borrow your copy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. But of course!

    (The book, not Peenee's dick.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read any of them in years, but I remember liking Putting on the Ritz. Blue Heaven was definitely the best, though....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read My Lucky Star and Blue Heaven has been sitting in my To Read stack for months. Drop everything, you say?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, and if he resembles the fellow from my "It Helps..." post, drop him over here.

    ReplyDelete